- February 2017 We are are very sorry to note that Pam is retiring from Acupuncture work here at Cumbria Therapies. We wish her well in the future. xx
- January 2017 We are pleased to announce that Louise Bell is now offering Massage, Reflexology and (soon) Aromatherapy services from Cumbria Therapies.
- January 2017 We are pleased to announce that Ken Humphreys is now offering Alexander Technique services from Cumbria Therapies.
- September 2016 We are pleased to announce the return of Hanna Casement who is now offering Ayurvedic Natural Facial Rejuvination Massage from Cumbria Therapies.
- July 2016 We are pleased to announce that Sue Mallet is now offering NAET approach to treating Allergies from Cumbria Therapies.
- September 2015 We are pleased to announce that Nicola Hart is now offering Counselling & Psychotherapy services from Cumbria Therapies.
- April 2015 We are pleased to announce that Vicky Anderson is now offering Counselling services from Cumbria Therapies.
- January 2015 We are pleased to announce that Linda Kenward is now offering Counselling and CBT at Cumbria Therapies.
- July 2014 We are very sorry to note that Sonia is retiring from Hypnotherapy work here at Cumbria Therapies. We wish her well in her future, relaxing lifestyle. xx
- Dec 2012 We are very sorry to note that Freda is retiring from Bowen Therapy work here at Cumbria Therapies. We wish her well in the future. xx
- May 2012 Reiki Training Course is verified by the Reiki Federation. We are pleased to announce that Marion's Reiki courses are one of the first in the UK to be verified against the National Occupational Standards and the Core Curriculum of the Reiki Council and is included in the UK Reik Federation's Directoryof Approved Courses. Marion has also put together a Training Pathway PDF for prospective trainees. For more information and course dates please refer to our Reiki Training pages.
- Dec 2011 - We are pleased to welcome Freddie Allason offering Counselling and Reiki.
- Oct 2011 - Congratulations to Coral Harrison who has recently qualified as a UKCP accredited supervisor.
- June 2011 - We are pleased to welcome Stephanie Daly-Parks offering TA Psychotherapy and Individual and Couple Counselling.
- May 2011 - We are pleased to welcome Allison McGuiness offering Counselling.
- January 2011 - We are pleased to welcome Sarah Lawson offering Massage and Reflexology.
- August 2010 - We are pleased to welcome Kate Lanka Counsellor and specialist in succession planning.
- July 2010 - We are pleased to welcome Dr Alison Wren, Clinical Psychologist.
- June 2010 - We are pleased to welcome Benet Waterman, Healer and NFSH trainer. Benet will be offering NFSH training at Cumbria Therapies and 1-day introductory workshops have started already.
- March 2010 - We are pleased to welcome Pam Sumner who is offering Traditional Acupuncture at Cumbria Therapies.
- January 2010 - We are pleased to welcome Allison McCall who is offering Reflexology and Massage at Cumbria Therapies.
- November 2009 - We are pleased to welcome Erica Donnison who is offering Alexander Technique training as well as training for posture.
- September 2009 - We welcome Jenny Roberts who is offering NLP.
- July 2009 - We welcome Fiona Fawkes offering a Energy Healing as well as other types of training.
- June 2009 - We are pleased to announce that Sonia McCubbin will be offering Hypnotherapy support in addition to Marion and Vanessa.
- May 2009 - We welcome Counsellor Jenny Newstead to Cumbria Therapies.
- May 2009 - National Knee & Ankle Pain Project 2009. Freda Hodgson, our Bowen Therapist, is taking part in a survey organised by BTER, the main registration body for Bowen practitioners. If you suffer from knee or ankle pain of any description and have never experienced Bowen Treatment before then why not sign up for 3 treatments at a 20% discounted price. Call 01228 409093 for more information.
- Apr 2009 - BBC Radio Cumbria - Health, Wealth & Happiness day. Cumbria Therapies is pleased to support BBC Radio Cumbria's initiative on the 24th April at the Crown & Mitre Hotel, Carlisle. See the BBC Radio Cumbria web site for more details.
- Jan 2009 - We are pleased to welcome Helen Damment offering Counselling and Supervision.
- Dec 2008 - We are pleased to welcome Janine Ross offering Solution Focused Therapy and Solution Focused Brief Therapy.
- Dec 2008 - Carlisle Life. Look out for Life Coach Marion Dunlop's articles in CN's latest lifestyle magazine. Marion will be writing about issues that affect most of us at some time in our lives.
- Jun 2008 - National Neck & Shoulder Pain Project 2008. Freda Hodgson, our Bowen Therapist, is taking part in a survey organised by BTER, the main registration body for Bowen practitioners. If you suffer from neck or shoulder pain of any description and have never experienced Bowen Treatment before then why not sign up for 3 treatments at a discounted price. Call 01228 409093 for more information.
- April 2008 - Psychotherapist / Counsellor Coral Harrison now offers daytime and some evening appointments at Cumbria Therapies. Coral is a Certified Transactional Analyst and a UKCP registered psychotherapist. She has a wide range of experience in working with individuals, couples and groups. She offers a professional, honest and compassionate approach.
Coral offers support to people experiencing a range of difficulties in their lives. These include relationships issues; anxiety; depression; grief and loss; parenting; anger management; crisis; stress and life changes. She has specialist training in working with trauma.
Click here to go to the TA Psychotherapy page.
- March 2008 - We welcome Counsellor Roger Sealy to Cumbria Therapies. Roger has significant commercial and industrial experience and is able to help deal with stress at work as well as personal issues.
- March 2008 - We welcome NLP Specialist Kate Danchin to Cumbria Therapies. Kate Danchin discovered, through NLP, that anybody can achieve whatever they want from life – provided they want it enough. She has succeeded in overcoming a lifelong struggle with food and low self-esteem and she can show you how to do it too.
Kate is a Certified Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and a Clinical Hypnotherapist. She is also a Nutrition & Weight Management Consultant and has an honours degree in psychology.
- Nov 2007 - New Therapist - Acupuncture, Acupressure, Zero Balancing, Massage consultations are now available courtesy of Peter Thompson, Acupuncturist. Call 01228 409093 for more information.
- Sept 2007 - Congratulations to seven new reiki 1 practitioners who have just successfully completed their training course.
- Jun 2007 - National Back Pain Project 2007.Freda Hodgson, our Bowen Therapist, is taking part in a survey organised by BTER, the main registration body for Bowen practitioners. If you suffer from back pain of any description and have never experienced Bowen Treatment before then why not sign up for 3 treatments.
and we will only charge you for 2. (Sorry offer now closed)
- Jun 2007 - Bowen Technique success stories hit the news. A recent article about Bowen Therapist Freda Hodgson in the News and Star features two of Freda's satisfied customers who explain how a short series of Bowen Technique treatments have changed their lives.
Click here to see the News and Star article more>
- Mar 2007 - 14th National No Smoking Day. Both Hypnotherapy and Acupuncture can be used to help smokers quit the habit. 10% discount on Acupuncture treatments for Stopping Smoking
- Feb 2007 - New Therapist - Herbal Medicine consultations are now available courtesy of Jackie Cooper, Medical Herbalist.
Call 016977 41106 or 01228 409093 for more information.
- Nov 2006 - Xmas Gift Vouchers are now available for a variety of therapies. Give your family or friends a special treat this Christmas. Help them to relax before, during or after the festive season.
- Oct 2006 - Therapists from the centre support the Mental Health Trust AGM and Mental Health Day activities in Carlisle.
- Oct 2006 - Two new therapists join the team - we can now offer:
- Thai Yoga Massage
- Holistic Nutritional Therapy
- Sept 2006 - Five new therapists join the team - we can now offer:
- Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy and counselling
- Alexander Technique
- Chinese Face, Neck and Shoulder massage (Daoyin Tao)
- Please phone 01228 409093 for appts or further information
- June 2006 - £200 raised for Eden Valley Hospice. Along with members of the UK Reiki Federation we organised free reiki taster sessions at the Centre and in local organisations during this week and raised £200 for Eden Valley Hospice.
- Dec 2005 - Our Director, Marion Dunlop, has been invited to give a regular monthly short talk on the Val Armstrong Show on BBC Radio Cumbria about therapies.
- Sep 2005 - Therapists from Cumbria Therapies are providing a counselling support service for people recovering from the floods.
- Aug 2005 - Therapists featured on Border Television during a flood support event
|For further information about any of the treatments, courses or supervision run here at Cumbria Therapies please call 01228 409093